In an effort to limit the possibility of a wildfire, the Town of Parker’s Office of Emergency Management has followed the Douglas County Office of Emergency Management by issuing a Stage One Fire Ban until further notice.
Stage One Fire Ban Information:
• Open burning of any kind
• Use of all fireworks
• Fires for which a permit has been obtained from the South Metro Fire Rescue Authority.
• Fires contained within liquid-fueled or gas-fueled stoves, grills, fire pits or other gas- or liquid-fueled appliances.
• Fires contained within fireplaces and wood-burning stoves within buildings only.
• Open fires or open burning by any federal, state or local officer, or member of the South Metro Fire Rescue Authority in the performance of an official duty.
• Professional fireworks displays.
• At developed picnic sites contained in a fixed permanent metal/steel fire pit (rock fire rings are considered temporary and not permanent) with flame lengths not in excess of four (4) feet, or the residential use of charcoal grills, tiki torches, fires in chimineas or other portable fireplaces or patio fire pits, so long as said fires are supervised by a responsible party at least eighteen (18) years of age.